The Gospel Pumpkin
This lesson helps children see their need for Jesus to change them from the inside out through the power of the gospel. Using the object lesson of cleaning and carving a pumpkin, children will learn how they can become a child of God and have the light of Jesus shine from their lives for the glory of God.
This free digital download includes:
- A leader’s guide with pictures to shows you what to do and say as you teach.
- Memory verse teaching for 2 Corinthians 5:17
- A “Pumpkin Colors!” Bible memory game.
- A “Pumpkin Goo Points” game idea.
- A “Pumpkin Praises” activity idea.
- Printable visuals and a pumpkin coloring page.
Big Idea: Jesus chooses and changes God’s children!
Key Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
Lesson: The Gospel Pumpkin
Activity: Pumpkin Praises!
Review Game: Pumpkin Goo Points!
Teacher Note: The lesson uses a carved pumpkin as a gospel object lesson. It is recommended that you carve the pumpkin ahead of time to make it easier to focus on the lesson (and avoid mistakes) as you teach. Instructions for carving the pumpkin ahead of time are included at the beginning of the instructions for the lesson. For a demonstration of this lesson, watch the video below! (Permission is given to use this video in a church, classroom, or other group setting.)